We are delighted to inform you that phpFox 4.8.2 and Mobile App 1.7.2 is now officially released. This quick and minor release comes with some new features and improvement for better user experience.
- phpFox is upgraded to support account registration with phone number. Therefore, verification and updates can be sent to users via both SMS and emails.
- Support for next-gen image formats like JPEF 2000, JPEG XR and WebP
- With this version, users can turn back to the recent feed items from the previous page instead of reloading and moving to the top of the page when you click the browser Back (<-) button
- Added support for enabling/disabling all SMS and email notifications under Privacy Setting.
Upgrade phpFox 4.8.2
The package of phpFox 4.8.2 is available for you to download in our Client Area. To upgrade your phpFox site to version 4.8.2, you have to run the full upgrade routine as our Upgrade Instructions. We highly recommend you to back up your site and database before proceeding the upgrade. And, don’t forget to check with 3rd-party experts about the compatibility of all the apps/templates you are using.
If your phpFox site is using 3rd-party apps or has customizations, please see our recommendations.
For new phpFox installation, the following articles will be helpful to you:
Mobile App 1.7.2
- We improved the App to standardise the date and time format according to AdminCP setup
- Upload file type JPEG 2000, JPEG XR and WebP are now accepted
- Support for autosuggestion when typing
- Reduce load time for photos in iOS Photo Library when users open to select pictures for posting.
- Support for Admin to remove members from any Group
Upgrade Mobile App 1.7.2
You can open a Mobile Build ticket in Client Area to request us to upgrade your mobile apps.
There are more details for your information in the phpFox Release Notes and the Changelog.
Don’t hesitate to submit tickets or report immediately to our GitHub Tracker or Client Area for any issue. We always appreciate any feedback to make phpFox better, hence please feel free to share with us your ideas.