Happy New Year! New gift arrives at you on the very first days of 2019! Indeed, we are delighted to inform you phpFox 4.7.2 is finally released. We believe with this release, it will be a great headstart for you to get back to your community after a long holiday season and kick off an awesome year ahead. Upgrade your platform now and enjoy the best experience with several issue fixings and feature enhancements on phpFox 4.7.2! Improvements
We gradually advanced phpFox functionalities to meet any needs and demands based on clients' feedbacks. You can find some highlighted key improvements from the list below:
- Allow Admin to Enable/Disable countries instead of deleting them.
- Support to restore Theme design when upgrading Platform or template.
- Allow sorting users list to only friends. - Update and remove unused/unnecessary scripts in several core sections.
We collected and resolved all major bugs and issues from the last version. Some of the highlights fixed issues include:
- Duplicated feeds after sharing a post on a friend's wall.
- Tag users appear on feeds even these users set privacy settings.
- Don't show custom gender on profile cover.
- If post hashtag combines with URL, there is no space between them.
- Redirect to wrong Pages/Group when clicking on the notification. For the full list of improvements and bug fixes, please visit the Release Notes.
If you are developers and you have a concern about the changes in the Core script on this version. See the complete changed files.
Installation & Upgrade
We encourage you to back up your site and database before performing the upgrade. Make sure to check with 3rd-party experts about the compatibility of all the apps/templates you are using.
Also, take advantages on useful guides below if you want to upgrade the site yourself. – Download
– Upgrade Instructions
– Installation Guide
- All default apps of phpFox are compatible with the Core 4.7.2 - If your phpFox site is using 3rd-party apps or has customizations, our recommendations can help you. If you found any issues with this version, please let us know by submitting tickets or reporting immediately to our GitHub Tracker. We also encourage you to join and stay connected with the Community Forum. We welcome any feedback to make phpFox better and better every day, so feel free to let us know your thoughts on this release by emailing us at email@example.com. Let's start 2019 with phpFox 4.7.2 and enjoy your social network!