Hi everyone, we would like to announce that the new phpFox version 4.7.8 is officially available now. For the full list of improvements and bug fixes of the phpFox version 4.7.8, please see Release Notes and Changelog. You can download its package in Client Area and start upgrading your phpFox site from now.
Upgrade to phpFox 4.7.8 today
– In order to upgrade your phpFox site to phpFox 4.7.8, you will need to run the full upgrade routine as our Upgrade Instructions.
– Please don’t forget to back up your site and database carefully before starting the upgrade.
– We highly recommend temporarily disabling all 3rd-party apps during the phpFox upgrade to avoid unexpected issues.
– And, you should check with 3rd-party experts about the compatibility of all the apps/templates you are using before enabling them then.
– For phpFox sites having customizations in Core source, you can refer to our recommendations.
– It is necessary to note that new versions of the Material template, Photos, Events, Marketplace and Music apps which have been recently released are only compatible with phpFox 4.7.8. Thus, you can upgrade them along with phpFox 4.7.8
Having any issues or Looking for help? Please feel free to submit tickets or report immediately to our GitHub Tracker or Client Area.
We are super excited to inform that our team has been working really hard on new interesting phpFox apps: Chat Plus and Live Stream.
Generally, with Chat Plus app, on top of basic instant messaging features, your members will be able to make group chats with friends, have audio/video call with not only a friend but also multiple members simultaneously in an online conference.
The Live Stream app will allow users to make videos and broadcast them in real-time. Live-streamed videos are also recorded as normal videos on your social network for members to view again later.
These functionalities are so significant and popular for successful online communities. That’s why our team have been putting many efforts to analyze and develop them. These apps are under testing progress at this time and will be released to the public in the 4th quarter of 2019. Certainly, they will support both the web version and phpFox mobile apps. We are going to have sneak-peek of these apps very soon.
Moreover, according to our development plan, the phpFox Mobile app will be upgraded with the new mobile version 1.6 between the releases of these new products.
We hope that you are interested in the new release as well as what we have been working on. Since we are looking forward to hearing your feedback, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us and share your thoughts.