It’s been a while since I forayed into the developer caverns to see what’s on tap. I can tell they’ve been working hard due to all of the keyboards in the trash and the crates of brand new replacements sitting in the corner. Looks like they’ve already gone through half a crate already.
What’s on board for v4.4? I didn’t get screenshots because most of the improvements are for optimizations and security. However, they’ve got a nifty spreadsheet and planning board of the stuff they’re working on and it’s massive. I fell over just looking up at the huge board filled with checklists, diagrams, tic-tac-toe (not sure who won), and a bunch of code stuff.
- Clean up no longer used configuration and source code.
- Support CDN: MaxCDN, KeyCDN via apps.
- Layout improvement for Poll, Quiz, Videos, Events and Pages.
- Theme manager improvements.
- Perform security testing and analyzing for the whole framework. Fix popular security issues, if found, such as SQL Injection, XSS, CSRF, etc.
- In-depth performance analysis, both front-end and back-end. Work on scaling solutions for sites with a high volume of data and high volume of online users. Analyze and improve high-load components such as activity feeds.
Here’s a big thing coming… Groups! Yes, that’s right, the team is hard at work making front end Groups separate from pages, in its own app!!! Something phpFox clients have asked for, for years now.
Hold onto your hats folks as it’s getting wild around here. That all sounds like some great stuff in the works! Due to the nature of these improvements, the timeframe for release is not set yet as testing will be in-depth for these improvements. As such, v4.4 is anticipated to be a few months out yet. More details will come as testing gets more complete for the beta release of this version. Current clients will have access. No license? Get one here!
“There are amazingly wonderful people in all walks of life; some familiar to us and others not. Stretch yourself and really get to know people. People are in many ways one of our greatest treasures. ” ~Bryant H. McGill
#website #phpFox #socialnetwork