We hope you’ve had a great holiday season with your family and friends. We are back to announce the release of phpFox new version. Let’s burn this year with phpFox 4.8.3.
- This version allows the admin to set the default value for permission when creating pages/groups.
- Admin now can select to use popup or page with Login/Signup button.
- In this version, we’ve added a new action in Admin CP to allow admin to move multiple users into a new group.
- In Profile’s Privacy Setting, we also added a new setting for users to control who can send them the friend request.
- With this new version, users can search for people by their phone number when they Enable Registration using Phone Number in Setting.
- phpFox 4.8.3 was also improved to support the admin to add blocks into static pages.
- When users update their profile photo or cover, with this version, the admin can configure whether the update appears on the feed or not.
Upgrade phpFox 4.8.3
The package of phpFox 4.8.3 is available for you to download in our Client Area. To upgrade your phpFox site to version 4.8.3, you have to run the full upgrade routine as our Upgrade Instructions. We highly recommend you back up your site and database before proceeding with the upgrade. And, don’t forget to check with 3rd-party experts about the compatibility of all the apps/templates you are using.
If your phpFox site is using 3rd-party apps or has customizations, please see our recommendations.
For the new phpFox installation, the following articles will be helpful to you:
Don’t hesitate to submit tickets or report immediately to our GitHub Tracker or Client Area for any issue. We always appreciate any feedback to make phpFox better, hence please feel free to share with us your ideas.