The phpFox 4.6.0 Beta Version is up.
The long wait is over. Experience the latest version of phpFox 4.6.0 through this Beta version release. You will get early access to test all the core features of phpFox with its latest design, Material Template.The package is now available in Download section of Client Area so you can get it from now. This beta release is for testing purposes only. We do not recommend to upgrade your production sites to this Beta version. If you have a development site, you can upgrade your site and test this release.
(CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE FOR THE BETA DEMO SITE)
For those upgrading their development or newly established sites, you will need the full upgrade routine as well as some other steps for the upgrade.
When doing the upgrade, you should disable all the 3rd party apps including themes and language packs installed on your site. In version 4.6.0, we have defined new standards for future. This is the big upgrade with many improvements in layout structure. Hence, it may obviously take more time for our Experts to make their products fully compatible with 4.6.0. In case you would like to experience 3rd-party apps on 4.6.0 Beta, please contact their vendors to check for the compatible versions first. They have been in the process of testing the compatibility since the release of Developer Build.
For those who are not familiar with this software yet, phpFox is a powerful platform for building Social Network websites. It has essential features of a Social Network to make an online community. This software is also supported by the 3rd party app experts around the globe. And now, phpFox releases the newly-designed beta version of phpFox 4.6.0. Its demo is here so feel free to check it out.
- New beautiful layout design with default Material template
- Sorting of data in the AdminCP
- AdminCP notifications
- Add new files uploader: support drag-drop, preview thumbnails, upload process bar.
- View more ⟶
- Update layout and structure of Admincp
- Confirm popup appears when a user tries to delete an item
- Support translation for Subscription Packages
- Support check-in when user sharing photos in feed
- Add new feed when users update their cover photo.
- Add compare section on Memberships page.
- Support enable/disable the main menu in Admincp
- View more ⟶
- Legacy Inbox to Manage Messages page
- Block’s toggle button on mobile
- View more ⟶
Your Feedback Matters
The official release of phpFox 4.6.0 will be in Jan 2018. To manage the quality of this big upgrade and get your feedback for essential improvements in soonest time, we decided to release the Beta version for now although there are still some known issues such as:
- Issue of lack permission when upgrading phpFox along with default apps directly from version 3.9.0 to 4.6.0
- Users can’t change password if signing up via Facebook
- Break characters are removed in status post
- Suggestions widget/block does not refresh when a friend request is sent.
- And some minor defects.
However, our team is going to resolve them ALL before the official release for sure. The main purpose of this beta release is to provide a fully functioning demo with the latest version of the phpFox script. We encourage you to give feedback as much as you can or report any bugs you encounter. Please either submit a ticket in our Client Area or drop us emails at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your thoughts. Love to hear from you soon.