The finest software is one that is always being updated. As a result, we at phpFox are always looking for new ways to better both our products and ourselves. Our ecosystem is better because of your efforts; we thank you for them. In every new release, we have taken into account all the complaints and ideas that our users raised. phpFox 4.8.8 has just been upgraded and greatly enhanced, and it includes many new features and improvements.
Privacy and security have been and always will be one of the top priorities for internet users. So finding new ways to keep user data and personal information protected is a must with the help of the newly transferred “Enable 2-step verification,” allowing the user to be more flexible and proactive about protecting their own account and personal information.
Users can also verify their account via phone, email, or QR code, which simplifies the process while increasing security.
Improve User Experience
On the Sign-up page, the warning message of missing fields will be displayed sequentially. Meaning that instead of scrolling up and checking each field, users will be able to check which field they miss faster and easier. As a result, making the process a lot quicker heightens the user experience and interaction even more.
Sometimes managing the user in your online community can be a lot of hard work as they are active at different times. Therefore, searching for certain users while offline can be overwhelming, especially if you have thousands of users in your social network.
That’s why with the updated web version 4.8.8, you can search for them with phone numbers. Not only that, the user will be able to see “SMS Notification” when something is added to their page.
Some other highlight Improvements/New Features
- The phone number which has been verified will be displayed on the Account Setting page after the user signs up for an account via email.
- Support import users with Phone numbers and add warning alert when no file has been uploaded
- When mentioning a secret group in status, the hyperlink will be removed on the group name for users who have not joined that group
- When inviting a friend, it will be auto-tag data on the SMS field if clicking out of the box or on the ‘Send Invitation’ button
- The user profile avatar directory path will be added uploading time
- Support import users with Phone numbers and add warning alerts when no file has been uploaded.
→ To see the full detailed update please click here: phpFox Mobile 4.8.8 Release Notes.
Upgrade phpFox 4.8.8
We highly recommend you backup your site and database before proceeding with the upgrade. And, don’t forget to check with 3rd-party experts about the compatibility of all the apps/templates you are using.
If your phpFox site is using 3rd-party apps or has customizations, please see our recommendations.
For the new phpFox installation, the following articles will be helpful to you:
Don’t hesitate to submit tickets or report immediately to our GitHub Tracker or Client Area for any issue. We always appreciate any feedback to make phpFox better, hence please feel free to share with us your ideas.