We are pleased to announce the version 4.6.1 Build 3 is here now. In this minor release, on top of some bug fixes, we also focused on adding essential features to help phpFox site with GDPR Compliance which will be officially applied from May 25th, 2018.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Now, here are some highlighted items in this release:
- [Improvement] Able to export user data
- Relationship Statuses do not update unless clearing cache in AdminCP
- store.phpfox.com“ When going to AdminCP, blank page sometimes displays with Error “Could not resolve host:
- Show unfriendly error about mail function on Front-end when SMTP is configured wrong
- AdminCP – Mail Settings – Show “Array” phrase
- When a guest browses another user profile, an unnecessary option to delete the event is enabled
And some other minor issues are also fixed in this release. Please refer to this article for details.
To support the ability to export user data, the Material template and Single Device Login app also require being updated along with Core version 4.6.1b3. The new versions of these products are now available on phpFox Store. If you are using the Material template and Single Device Login app, please don’t forget to upgrade them to their latest version as well right after upgrading the phpFox Core.
- See the complete changed file list here.