- Web Server - Apache, Nginx, IIS, CGI, FastCGI or ISAPI
- Operating System - Solaris, Linux, BSD, Windows or Mac
- PHP Version - Minimum - 5+
- MySQL Version - Minimum - 4.1
- GD complied with your PHP Build - Yes
- SendMail - Yes
- PHP memory_limit - 64M
- PHP CURL - Yes
- Minimum Web Space - 15 mb
Optional Server RequirementsThe requirements listed below are only required if you decide to use one of the following optional modules.
- Video Module
- Music Module
- PHP file_uploads - 1
- PHP post_max_size - 40M
- PHP max_input_time - -1
- PHP upload_max_filesize - 38M
- mod_rewrite (Apache)
- PHP OpenSSL
Web Browser Requirements
The requirements for a web browser depends on what theme you are using for your site. The default theme we release has been tested to work on the latest versions of all the most common web browsers (eg. Firefox, IE8, Opera, Chrome etc...). For those that use Internet Explorer, must have version 8 or higher installed in order to properly use all the features provided by phpFox.
How to check your hosting provider meets these requirements:
1. Ask your host. The best way to check your requirements is to simply contact your host and ask them. Simply link them back to this page so they can look over the list.
2. You can also download our test script here. The zip package will have 1 PHP file called "phpfox.php". Upload that PHP file to your server and run it like: http://www.example.com/phpfox.php