We are pleased to announce that phpFox version 3.5.0 Beta 1 has been released.
Please note that this is a beta release and is not officially supported by our team. We advice to not upgrade your live community until our product reaches RC (Release Candidate). You can upgrade a development site so you can start testing the upgrade script and report any issues to us.
Our next release will be v3.5.0 Beta 2 and is scheduled for January 30th.
You can now Check-In from the Activity Wall
In bringing this feature we included two settings: "Enable Check-In" and "Google API Key", more information on the Google API Key can be found here.
Improved Photo Sections
The revamped photo system allows you to have bigger previews, get extra information about a photo when hovering over and a better menu in the profile.
Spam Stopping Question
You can now create your custom questions and paired them with a picture to protect better from spam signups.
Blog In Pages.
You can now have blogs in your pages
Timeline in Pages.
As you wanted it, pages now implement the timeline feature from profiles. You can enable this from the Manage Page section.
You can allow your users to dislike items as well, just enable the AdminCP setting "Allow Dislike".
Remove Friend from Profile
A user group setting allows you to choose which user groups can see a link to remove a friend right from their profile.
We have also...
- Allowed Admins to set expire times for marketplace listings (AdminCP Setting "Days to Notify Expiring Listing" and "Days to Notify Expiring Listing".
- Hide members from the Browse Members section (user group setting in the "user" module).
- Delete original photos after they have been resized (AdminCP setting "Delete Original Photo After Resize")
- Added an AdminCP setting to not keep files in your HTTP server if you have a CDN enabled (Keep Files In Server).
- Added a user group setting to tell who can search users by their Zip code (module "user").
- Updated the Youtube player to use the iFrame instead of the object (AdminCP setting "Use Youtube iFrame")
- Improvements to the API were also completed but we will talk more about this in another blog entry